Date:      Fri, 5 Dec 2003 10:45:15 +0100
From:      "Daan Vreeken [PA4DAN]" <Danovitsch@Vitsch.net>
To:        Greg Bernard <bsd@todoo.biz>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Artsd process running // What is It ??

On Friday 05 December 2003 10:11, Greg Bernard wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a process called artsd running on my server and I was wondering =
what
> this process could be ??
>
> Seems to be related to some kind of audio device...
>
> As I am not the one that has started this process, I would be intereste=
d in
> knowing where It has been started from and It is supposed to do ??
Artsd gets started by KDE by default. It's a sound-daemon just like ESD. =
It=20
allows multiple programs to play sound at the same time.
If you don't need/want the artsd running you can disable it in the KDE co=
ntrol=20
pannel.

> No man pages could be found...
But a quick google search for "artsd" gives :
http://docs.kde.org/en/3.1/kdemultimedia/artsbuilder/artsd.html

grtz,
Daan