Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 1999 19:19:43 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@freebsddiary.org>
To:        "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>, dan@freebsddiary.org
Subject:   Re: FP extensions installed

On 22 Dec 99, at 18:17, Scot W. Hetzel wrote:

> Do you have suexec installed in the /usr/local/sbin directory?  If you do,
> did you compile the port with the SUEXEC option (make build -DSUEXEC)?
>
> Suexec default to check that the apache server is being run as the www user.
> Does this user exist, and is the Apache server set to run as the www user
> (User Directive)?  You can change it at compile time by specifying
> HTTPD_USER (make build -DSUEXEC -DHTTPD_USER=<user>).

Scot,

Thanks for your help.  Before I received your message, I had removed
the existing installation and started with Apache + mod_ssl +
mod_frontpage (1.3.9 + 2.4.2 + 3.0.4).  That seems to be running fine
now.  The installation procedure seems to be much smoother.

I'll report back later if anything comes up.
--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited [I'm looking for more work]
The FreeBSD Diary     - http://www.freebsddiary.org/freebsd/