Date:      Thu, 03 May 2001 18:44:19 -0400
From:      Cuyler Dingwell <cuyler@home.com>
To:        "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Samba

I'm having troubes with Samba.  Currently the only problems I can see
from the log files are:
[In log.nmb]
lib/util_sock.c:open_socket_in(827)
 Get_Hostbyname: unknown host

lib/util_socket.c:set_socket_option(154)
  Failed to set socket option SO_BROADCAST )Error Bad file descriptor)

nmbd/nmbd_subnetdb.c:make_subnet(142)
  nmbd_subnetdb:make_subnet()
    Failed to open nmb socket on interface 10.1.1.1 for port 137:  Error
was undefined error: 0

nmbd/nmbd.c:main(817)
  ERROR: Failed when creating subnet lists. Exiting

These four errors repeated themselves creating a huge file....until I
link the log file to /dev/null.

Currrently the net bios name is set to: lily which is set up in the
/etc/hosts file to point to itself

Swat reports that smbd is running and that nmbd is not.  I cannot stop
either or start either.  If you have any suggesstions (possibly a
problem with firewall rules?) please let me know.

Thanks.