Date:      Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:52:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Manfred Antar <mantar@pacbell.net>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New vfs_conf.c panic

:c014a794 T devsw
:c014a7b0 T cdevsw_add

    c014a79a --- sounds like the same or a similar bug to the one I
    fixed, where devsw() was being called with rootdev == NODEV (-1)
    and doing a NULL (well -1) pointer dereference.

    In my case it was related to an assumption at line 203 of vfs_conf.c
    in vfs_mountroot_try() that rootdev had been initialized.  This isn't
    the case for a BOOTP boot.  I do not know about other types of booting.

						    -Matt