Date:      Tue, 18 May 1999 18:11:19 +0900
From:      Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        dfr@nlsystems.com
Cc:        jdp@polstra.com, alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Panic: warning: pmap_changebit didn't.

At Tue, 18 May 1999 09:30:14 +0100 (BST),
Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 18 May 1999, Hidetoshi Shimokawa wrote:
>
> > I get same panic now (current of yesterday).
> >
> > panic: warning: pmap_changebit didn't.
> > panic
> > Stopped at      Debugger+0x2c:  ldq     ra,0(sp) <0xfffffe000ce0bbe0>
> >  <ra=0xfffffc0000485800,sp=0xfffffe000ce0bbe0>
> > db> trace
> > Debugger() at Debugger+0x2c
> > panic() at panic+0xfc
> > pmap_emulate_reference() at pmap_emulate_reference+0x120
> > trap() at trap+0x2b0
> > XentMM() at XentMM+0x20
> > swapout_procs() at swapout_procs+0x174
> > (null)() at 0
> >
> > I can generate crash dump, but it must be more than 500MB.
> > I'll leave it in DDB for while. If you have something to examine,
> > let me know.
>
> It would be useful to find out the values of pa, *pte and faultoff.

Unfortunately I cannot use gdb now.

db> gdb
No gdb port enabled. Set flag 0x80 on desired port
in your configuration file (currently sio only).

Last time, I was able to use gdb with the flag 0x50.
I found the following code in /sys/isa/sio.c

#ifdef  __i386__
#if DDB > 0
                                gdbdev = makedev(CDEV_MAJOR, unit);
                                gdb_getc = siocngetc;
                                gdb_putc = siocnputc;
#endif
#endif

Can I use gdb on alpha with flag 0x80?

I give up to use gdb via serial and get the crash dump.
But stock gdb seems not to understand crash dump yet.

root@achat:/export/home/crash# gdb kernel.debug.13 vmcore.13
GNU gdb 4.18
This GDB was configured as "alpha-unknown-freebsd"...

"/export/home/crash/vmcore.13" is not a core dump: File format not recognized
(gdb)

--
/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
\/  simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp