Date:      Sat, 22 May 2010 20:20:56 -0700
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   atapicam issues

I have 2 systems running 8.0 installed from the same CD.  One of them =
shows 2 PASS devices as expected and camcontrol devlist shows the =
appropriate devices.  They work as expected.

The other does not show any PASS devices and camcontrol devlist shows =
nothing.  Doing a kldload atapicam installs the PASS devices and then =
camcontrol works properly.  Why would that system require atapicam to be =
manually added?  That module was not loaded on the working system.  I =
installed it there first by accident but it had no detrimental effect. =20=

I don't find any reference to atapi or atapicam in the various rc files.=