Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2000 21:56:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Testers please..

Hey gang,

At dfr's request, I've worked up some patches to allow us to have
psuedo-fast interrupts on the alpha where we run the handler
directly like we used to instead of scheduling a thread to run.
Also, while I was in the code, I found some bugs in my initial code,
namely:

- I didn't actually pass the new-bus interrupt handler flags down
  into alpha_platform_setup_intr(), so the MPSAFE flag would never
  actually be set in the intrhand structures.
- Partly as a result of the above, I didn't enforce exclusiveness
  of interrupt vectors for INTR_EXCL interrupts.

The patch at http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/alpha.fast.patch
should fix all this, but I don't have a workign sio to test it on,
so I would appreciate some testing and feedback.  Thanks.