Date:      Thu, 6 Sep 2001 07:57:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Gerardo Amaya G." <jogegabsd@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   APM and sound

Hi all I have an armada m300. I forgot about APM
during my reinstalation process so now when I try to
launch the apm I get the message:

apm: can't open /dev/apm: Device not configured

in the dmesg I have

chip1: <Intel 82371AB Power management controller>
port 0x4000-0x400f at device
7.3 on pci0

HOw can I configure apm?
Is this the device for APM?

Also from dmesg I get the following info about sound

chip2: <ESS Technology Maestro 2E Audio controller>
port 0x3400-0x34ff irq 11 at
 device 8.0 on pci0

I try to run mpg123 and i get

Can't open /dev/dsp!

I also try with /dev/sound but no success

HOw can I make the sound work

Thank you

Jose Gerardo Amaya Giron