Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:02:51 +0200
From:      Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.Strobl@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BETA7 sio "options CONSPEED" not working?

--nextPart1455848.ckDJ1LYapt

Am Freitag, 15. Oktober 2004 00:18 schrieb Emanuel Strobl:
> Am Donnerstag, 14. Oktober 2004 22:48 schrieb Willem Jan Withagen:
[...]
> > in /etc/make.conf
>
> Correct, in make.conf it works, but "options CONSPEED" has no effect at a=
ll
> (on i386 with BETA7 from today)
> Also getty flags in /etc/ttys doesn't make any difference. I can set it to
> whatever I want I only get the hardcoded speed in make.conf

Ok, after having a look into sys/dev/sio/sio.c I found the tunable:

 machdep.conspeed

which works fine. But this should be commented in the sio manpage, perhaps=
=20
also in /sys/conf/NOTES

Also if it's intended that getty can't change the baud rate /etc/ttys shoul=
d=20
have a line which mentiones machdep.conspeed, but what if I want to set=20
different speeds on two ports?

Thanks,

=2DHarry