Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 2000 21:26:20 -0700
From:      Steve Carter <scarter@gblx.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Thinkpad 600E Sound

While I'm on the subject of my Thinkpad 600E, does anyone know the arcane
incantation needed to make the sound work?  The sound chips are Crystal
Audio and support SB compatibility ...

I have tried using the PCM drivers and they seem to work, the card is
recognized, the devices get built properly but when I use mpg123 or xmms
to play MP3s I get silence until I quit then I get a squark and then
silence.  If I 'cat' an .au file then that does play correctly.

-Steve