Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 11:38:15 -0400
From:      MALCOLM BOFF <Malcolm_Boff@compuserve.com>
To:        jer <jer@jorsm.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PPP, cu and US Robotics 14,400 Sporster FAX Modem

I guess that I have tried just about everything but I will
pop off and try your strings and get back in a mo !
(I should say to you that the same modem is being used
to connect to my ISP via MS$ Windoze and send this eMail
so I can't see why FreeBSD is having such a problem).

Well I tried your Hayes strings as follows :-
AT
OK
ATZ
OK
AT&F1
ERROR     (this is not in my manual so tried ...
AT&F
OK
ATDTxxxxxxx
<line of hierglyphics as before>