Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 10:39:00 -0400
From:      "Kartic Krishnamurthy" <kaygee@netset.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Boot splash screen.

Daryl,

It is actually very simple and you can do it yourself....I used mspaint on windows and made simple text graphic of my company name.
Only things to bear in mind are:
1)  It should be under 320x200
2)  Save it as a 256 color .BMP rather than the default (24bit .BMP)

Now you can copy it over to your FBSD machine and follow the FAQ directions.  You will see it when you reboot.

--Kartic