Date:      Tue, 30 May 2000 13:53:00 +0000
From:      Mark Conway Wirt <mark@intrepid.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppc0 problems in 4.0-stable?

I upgraded from 3.4-STABLE to 4.0-STABLE, and -- for the most part --
the upgrade (done via source) went well.

I've managed to get most things working, with the exception of lpt0.
Previously, everything was detected fine:

  Mar 15 09:55:43 elvis2 /kernel: ppc0 at 0x3bc irq 7 flags 0x40 on isa
  Mar 15 09:55:43 elvis2 /kernel: ppc0: Generic chipset (NIBBLE-only) \
      in COMPATIBLE mode
  Mar 15 09:55:43 elvis2 /kernel: lpt0: <generic printer> on ppbus 0
  Mar 15 09:55:43 elvis2 /kernel: lpt0: Interrupt-driven port

whereas now:

  May 29 12:47:40 elvis2 /kernel: ppc0: cannot reserve I/O port range

Now, the previous port was 0x3bc, and I've looked though the kernel messages
and nothing is showing as assigned to that port, so I'm not sure what
the problem is.

The device is detected neither with my custom kernel, nor with GENERIC.
I've also looked though the config file, and nothing should be assigned
the port in question.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  I posted this question to -questions
a day or so ago, but haven't had any suggestions.

--Mark