Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 2000 21:54:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Michael Crispin <mcrispin@drillbit.mine.nu>
To:        Tobias Roth <roth@iamexwi.unibe.ch>
Cc:        Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sound Crackling...

--0-552631925-967773276=:16079

OK ... I tried to install the CURRENT emu10k1.c and got the following
error. Any suggestions? See attachment ...

MBC

On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Tobias Roth wrote:

> Hi
>
> Just in case you haven't done so already: Get the CURRENT source and
> header of emu10k1, copy them to the appropriate location and rebuild the
> kernel.
> The crackling will stop, although I still get errors like the
> following when playing sound:
>
> /kernel: pcm0: hwptr went backwards 416 -> 96
>

> cheers, Tobe

--0-552631925-967773276=:16079
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--0-552631925-967773276=:16079--