Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 1998 11:26:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
To:        Steve Price <steve@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@hub.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/4043

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998, Steve Price wrote:

> Synopsis: man page for directory ops is misleading
>
> Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-bugs->freebsd-doc
> Responsible-Changed-By: steve
> Responsible-Changed-When: Mon Apr 13 07:57:33 PDT 1998
> Responsible-Changed-Why:
> freebsd-doc is now responsible for all docs PRs.

Traditionally this would exclude "manpage"-related PRs, being
limited to the tutorials, FAQ, and handbook.  The separation has
always seemed kind of strange to me...  I am familiar with the
"the programmers should document the programs" argument, but the
same argument can be made equally well for a lot of the material
covered by the handbook and the tutorials.

Does anyone on the -doc list actually object to being more
consistent and treating all doc PRs the same way?

Particularly in the long-term, I think, a lot of the problems
with the handbook/FAQ apply to the manpages, too.  As an example
of their inter-relation, consider ports(7), which relates to not
one, but two sections of the handbook.

--
 tIM...HOEk
OPTIMIZATION: the process of using many one-letter variables names