Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2000 09:58:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Doug Denault <doug@safeport.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how do i increase the maximum number of open files  systemwide.

Ya - thanks; the question was for max open files which seems to be 2 *
maxproc, but thanks. I have a related question. I have a web server with
about 250 domains using Netscape (yah - yah we going to Apache), where
maxopenfiles MUST be bumped to 16,000+.

My question: is there a way to bump this parameter without taking all the
other kernel structures with it. I presume with Apache the number will not
be so high but it probably will exceed a reasonable value scaled from
maxusers.

thanks for any thoughts/ideas