Date:      Sat, 4 Apr 1998 08:23:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Matthew Phillips <mp@ka.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I HATE FREEBSD

On Sat, 4 Apr 1998, Matthew Phillips wrote:

> Your OS stinks.  I dont even consider it a OS, jsut a messed up dos
> wannabe.  How do you get to the stupid OS anyways.  All I could get to
> was BOOT:  Then what do you put.  Also it wouldnt let me into WIN95 or
> DOS.  I had to call NEC technical support and they told me to
> repartion the Hard Drive.  Then I had to run my product recovery cd
> where it formated the hard drive and brought it back to the original
> settings.  I lost everything I had saved and got off the net.  Thanks
> alot.  I am going to put up your freebsd on my site, but put a sucks
> across it.  I'll spread the word about how BSD sucks

I have been slighted, I must respond.

Perhaps if you had more patience and read the instructions you would not
have had any troubles. Also, had you contacted this list sooner, we
might have been able to help you. As things are now, there is nothing we
can do.

You are incredibly wrong about everything you said. NEC was wrong too.
Just so you know, you never probably never had to reformat your hard
drive. You probably spent several hours fixing something that wasn't
broke. Even better, people on this list could have helped you in a
couple minutes.

OBTW, the email you sen went to hundreds of users who like this OS very
much. We are all volunteers. We do not get, nor require, any pay for our
efforts.

This means that you may be receiving a few emails soon. :)  This means
that I can tell you to take a hike with your bad attitude.  Come back
when you are ready to be a neighborly member of our community.

Have fun,	 | Stop warning me about the latest virus. Learn more...
Jason Wells	 | http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/CIACHoaxes.html