Date:      Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:14:04 -0700
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cristjc@comcast.net>
To:        Rus Foster <rghf@fsck.me.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Virtual FreeBSD"

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 03:27:06PM -0700, Rus Foster wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Crist J. Clark wrote:
>
> > Can anyone tell me exactly what "Virtual FreeBSD" is? If I Google the
> > term, I get a whole bunch of help webpages from various web hosting
> > outfits. What's spooky is all of the sites have the same content.
> > That definately gives me the impression someone is selling a product
> > called "Virtual FreeBSD" based off of, you guessed it, FreeBSD. I'm
> > trying to figure out exactly what this Virtual FreeBSD is and how it
> > differs from the vanilla FreeBSD.
>
> OK as one of those companies that offer Virtual FreeBSD it is normal
> FreeBSD. However what we basically do is run a jail on top of FreeBSD
> itself offering a virtual machine i.e. Virtual FreeBSD

I figured it was jail(8) or a suped up, customized jail. So where is
everyone getting this exact same set of documentation?

  http://support.securesites.com/support/virtual/freebsd/
  http://www.2kweb.net/support/virtual/freebsd/
  http://iasweb.com/support/docs/virtual/freebsd.html
  http://www.vpshosting.net/support/virtual/freebsd/