Date:      Tue, 29 Sep 1998 06:06:50 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        obrien@NUXI.com
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux looms large: Intel, Netscape slap NT, will invest in Red Hat

>This does not look good.. :(

   I dunno, it seems to be good news to me. It's not difficult to get Linux
people to switch to FreeBSD, it happens frequently and they usually stick
with us after switching. It's quite a different thing to get people to switch
from NT, however. I see the popularity of Linux as being a stepping stone of
sorts for us; it bridges the gap between the Microsoft world and the Unix
world, bringing us more converts than we ever could have otherwise acheived.

>http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/zdnn_smgraph_display/0,4436,2142107,00.html
>
>Linux looms large: Intel, Netscape slap NT, will invest in Red Hat

-DG

David Greenman