Date:      Mon, 30 Nov 1998 01:05:15 -0500
From:      Timothy J Luoma <public+FreeBSD@fdt.net>
To:        Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can't get subscribed to current list?

	Author:	Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
	Date:	Mon, 30 Nov 1998 09:18:33 +1100
	ID:	<199811292218.JAA23727@melba.bby.com.au>

> Is there some problem, or is it just overloaded list maintainer?

I think there's a small bug in the majordomo setup

The lists are commonly referred to as 'stable@freebsd.org' etc but
when subscribing I had to use

# echo 'subscribe freebsd-stable' | Mail majordomo@freebsd.org

trying to subscribe to 'stable' resulted in a message saying that
it had to be approved, such as:

	You tried to "subscribe" to a closed list "stable" at
	Majordomo@FreeBSD.ORG.

So 'stable' and 'freebsd-stable' are 2 different lists, as far as
majordomo is concerned.... apparently.

Anyway, try adding 'freebsd-' before 'stable' and see if that helps

TjL

ps -- I also just figured out that I could send several 'auth'
replies in the same message re: different lists... a minor convenience,
but helpful nonetheless.