Date:      Sat, 20 Feb 1999 04:59:17 -0600
From:      "Richard E. Hawkins" <hawk@eyry.econ.iastate.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   poor scaling of times in lyx

This wasn't a problem in netbsd or linux.  But with lyx installed on
netbsd, the times font is scaling poorly; it looks like a mac using a
nonexistant font size.

My initial thought was that I had a less complete set of bitmapped
fonts, but as I write this, it occurs to me that lyx uses postscript
fonts (which was why i had to install xfs on macbsd on an 030), nad
that this just shouldn't be possible.

This is the same machine, in the same mode (1024x768@8bpp) running a
lyx compiled from the same source directory as I'd been using earlier
in the day under linux.

the fonts are -*-times, -*-helvitica, -*-courier, and iso8859-1, with
a font zoom of 150.   It's "T" and "e" that look particularlly bad
. . .