Date:      Fri, 05 Dec 2008 19:23:48 -0800
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   "Sticky" mouse pointer on machine with high load

Often when my machine has load is 2 or higher it becomes very visible
that mouse motion isn't smooth. Mouse moves in a series of quite long jumps.
I believe this effect is especially pronounced when some applications
read/write a lot of files.

My understanding is that this is because signal from mouse gets stuck in
the fifo somewhere and not processed by x-server in time.

Is there any solution to this problem?

I never saw such problem on Windows though I didn't touch Windows PC for
many years now.

Yuri