Date:      Sat, 6 Nov 1999 08:47:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        bcohen@bpecreative.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NT - FredBSD Networking Question

Bob,

The problem here is, NT's "network neighborhood" is a Windows-specific thing.

Open up a command line, and try "ping".

If you want to be able to see the BSD box in Network Neighborhood, you
need to use samba (/usr/ports/net/samba).

If you're feeling truly lost about BSD, pick up a basic systems
administration manual.  I recommend "Essential Systems Administration"
from O'Reilley.  Others would recommend their own favorites, of
course.  It's very different, but once you're familiar with it, it's
far more powerful.

Regards,
Michael