Date:      Wed, 27 Nov 2019 16:14:20 +1100
From:      Davor Balder <davor@cropakglobal.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-12.1 on laptop

Hello,

I think you are having problems because you need to install xorg and
your display managers as you wish.

Have a look at steps in this guide as an example of installation on a
ThinkPad:

https://www.c0ffee.net/blog/freebsd-on-a-laptop/

Any further issues, please let us know and one of us will try to assist.

As for your questions regarding TrueOS, this was a project sponsored by
iXsystems. Desktop effort became project Trident. If my understanding is
correct, their latest version is for Linux, not (Free)BSD.

So, you would seem to be on the right track.

Kind regards,

Davor