Date:      Sun, 24 Feb 2002 21:33:39 +0100
From:      Florian Nigsch <flo@nigsch.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   named in sandbox + setrlimit not permitted

Hi all,

I just made my version of bind which is included with 4.5-STABLE
run in a sandbox (named 8.2.4-REL Mon Jan 28 12:55:46 CET 2002)
and I am now seeing the following error in syslogs:

named[25474]: setrlimit(max number of open files): Operation not permitted

Is that due to the fact that it runs in the sandbox? I didn't get those
errors before.
I found something which pointed out that it has seomthing to to with
maxusers which is set to 32 on my system. I tried setting kern.maxfiles
to 2048. The error was still reported.

thanks for any answers,

flo

--