Date:      Sat, 3 Apr 2004 16:15:09 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd@vfemail.net
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Micronet SP 2610/2612 10/100/1000 with FreeBSD 4.9 Stable :: Which driver to load?

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 04:11:33AM -0600, freebsd@vfemail.net wrote:
> Dear All
>=20
Please DO NOT cross-post!

> Hellow. Neither google nor the search facility in this list returned any=
=20
> answer.=20
>=20
> I am trying to install the Micronet SP 2610/2612 gigabit NIC. But it is n=
ot at=20
> all loaded. During boot, it goes like=20
>=20
[...]
> pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=3D0x100b, dev=3D0x0022) at 8.0 irq 11

According to the PCI database, this is the National Semiconductor
DP83820/1 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter.  As such, it should
be supported by the nge(4) driver.

The reason why it's not detected during the initial installation
is because the GENERIC kernel doesn't include this driver [sic].

Just type ``ifconfig nge0'' under root, and the driver will be
loaded automatically.  You can then either put the following
line in your /boot/loader.conf file,

	nge_load=3D"YES"

or compile a custom kernel which includes the nge(4) driver.

Cheers,
--=20
Ruslan Ermilov
ru@FreeBSD.org