Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 1999 15:26:17 -0800
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
To:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Vinum questions?

>     I got the disklabels working correctly, but I'm still having
> problems.  The following /etc/vinum.cf file doesn't work correctly:

     What's the problem, again?

>     Things are badly screwed up enough that I can't figure out how to
> delete any of the previous runs, and I can't figure out how to correct
> any of the existing data.  I keep doing a "vinum resetconfig" and then
> "sync;sync;sync;shutdown -r now" in order to avoid the kernel panic
> problem that I reported previously.

     It's ugly, but try:

	# (first unmount vinum drives, if you've gotten that far)
	vinum stop data1
	vinum stop data2
	vinum resetconfig

It's worked for me.  YOU WILL LOSE ALL DATA, though.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.