Date:      Wed, 1 Apr 2015 00:13:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Don Lewis <truckman@FreeBSD.org>
To:        bdrewery@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: github tags containing "/"

On  1 Apr, Bryan Drewery wrote:
> On 4/1/2015 1:54 AM, Don Lewis wrote:
>> I'm working on a couple of new ports where I'm using fetching the
>> distfiles from github.  One quirk is that the tags start with a prefix
>> of "tags/v".  I'm setting PKGNAMEPREFIX=${PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX}.
>>
>> If I follow the example for in the Porters Handbook using
>> DISTVERSIONPREFIX=tags/v then the distfile gets named
>> ${PORTNAME}-tags/v${PORTVERSION}_GH0.tar.gz,
>> which seems somewhat undesirable.  This seems to be a bit misleading
>> and risky because this port is just a python wrapper around another
>> library that also has the same PORTNAME.  That port hasn't been
>> converted to fetch from github, and when it does it seems like there
>> would be a chance of collisions.
>>
>> I seem to get better results by setting GH_TAGNAME=tags/v${PORTVERSION}.
>> In that case, the distfile gets named
>> ${GH_ACCOUNT}-${GH_PROJECT}-${PORTVERSION}-tags-v${PORTVERSION}_GH0.tar.gz.
>> This seems to be excessively verbose, but safer.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>

> Can you please be more specific on what port this is and possibly
> provide a patch?

The ports aren't in the tree yet.  This is the Makefile for one of them:

# $FreeBSD$

PORTNAME=		wdns
PORTVERSION=		0.6.0
#DISTVERSIONPREFIX=	tags/v
CATEGORIES=		dns python
PKGNAMEPREFIX=		${PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX}

MAINTAINER=	truckman@FreeBSD.org
COMMENT=	Python wrapper for dns/wdns

LICENSE=	APACHE20

BUILD_DEPENDS=	cython:${PORTSDIR}/lang/cython
LIB_DEPENDS=	libwdns.so:${PORTSDIR}/dns/wdns

USE_GITHUB=	yes
GH_ACCOUNT=	farsightsec
GH_PROJECT=	pywdns
GH_TAGNAME=	tags/v${PORTVERSION}
USE_PYTHON=	distutils autoplist

USES=		pkgconfig python

post-patch:
	${REINPLACE_CMD} -e "1s+ python+ ${PYTHON_CMD}+" ${WRKSRC}/setup.py
	${REINPLACE_CMD} -e "1s+ python+ ${PYTHON_CMD}+" ${WRKSRC}/gen_pywdns_constants

.include <bsd.port.mk>