Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 22:23:38 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.interworks.org>
To:        rpj@fep.hirshfields.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Will FreeBSD *ever* fix their 2940U drivers ???????????????

> > And you seem to totally ignore the fact that the NetBSD aic7xxx
> > driver is the same aic7xxx driver that is found in FreeBSD!!!!!
>
>      Do you know that for _fact_ or are yo reguritating what "everyone
> else" says. If they are the _same_ then should both boot floppies should
> either hang or both boot.

Yes, I do know that they are the same.  In fact, the NetBSD driver
seems to be out-of-date from the FreeBSD aic7xxx driver.  I also
used to maintain the Linux aic7xxx driver and *know* that is based
off the FreeBSD aic7xxx driver because that's where I got it from
(and where it is still based off of)!

> > Have you even tried FreeBSD 2.2.8 or 3.0 to *see* if the boot
> > floppies will work?
>
>     I believe I grabbed a copy of 2.2.8-(stable?) and 3.0-(stable?) as
> of last summer sometime. It has been awhile. But yes I did try it
> _at_ _that_ _time_.

Well, as we've been trying to tell you, the problem most likely
isn't caused by the aic7xxx driver, but by something else.

DE