| raw e-mail | index | archive | help
It is there four times!

After "strip -R .comment t" the GNU thingie disappeared, but the 01.01
was still there. I then noticed there was a segment named .note in the
file. I stripped that, and the 01.01's were gone as well. I then did
"strip -R .note kernel" and it further reduced my kernel from 994,864
bytes (with .comment already stripped) to 989,460 bytes. As I have
done that while typing this message, I did not try booting with the
newly stripped kernel, but will do so after I send this message.

What I will do next is rebuild the kernel again, and try
"strip -R .comment -R .note kernel" just to see if it all can be
done in one pass (I suspect the answer is yes, but I want to test
it nonetheless). I shall keep you posted, of course.

Adam

--
Suppose you were an idiot.
Suppose you were a member of Congress.