Date:      Sun, 15 Mar 2009 11:29:52 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>, Kris Kennaway <kris@freebsd.org>, cpghost <cpghost@cordula.ws>, Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
Subject:   Re: Speeding up exit(2)?

On Sunday 15 March 2009 11:20:58 am Kris Kennaway wrote:

> >> Yes, clearly web browsers should be optimized for speed of exiting.
> >
> > of other things - too
>
> My point is that for all your high handed judgement, you have no idea
> what trade-offs might be in play here ;)

I have always felt that good web programming took that into account. When I
show an image, I use a mouse action that pops up a new window. I use another
mouse action that allows you click on the image window that closes it and you
are back to the original window with NO network activity. It is really
fast :).

Kent

--
kent Stewart