Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 2010 15:26:37 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        loos.br@gmail.com
Cc:        gjb@semihalf.com, embedded@FreeBSD.org, andrew@fubar.geek.nz
Subject:   Re: NAND Flash Framework for review

In message: <E1BB917F-558B-4BF8-9C8D-B173665B405D@gmail.com>
            Luiz Otavio O Souza <loos.br@gmail.com> writes:
: On Mar 14, 2010, at 3:04 PM, M. Warner Losh wrote:
:
: > Has anybody also looked at the work I did for serial flash parts on
: > the at91rm9200?  How does that compare with this effort here (other
: > than I supported only one chip size)?  Is that spi-connected memory
: > NAND?
: >
: > Warner
:
: Warner,
:
: If i've picked the right driver on tree (dev/flash/at45d.c) and the right data sheet it is not NAND, it is DataFlash and looks like Atmel specific.
:
: The main difference here is that you don't need to worry about bad blocks on dataflash (the same as flash).

Yes.  That's the right driver.  There are many similarities to NAND
flash, but it is good to know they aren't the same.  These parts also
have the ability to either have the extra OOB or not, selectable via a
one-time fuse.  I'll monitor what's going on with the NAND drivers to
see if there are opportunities to generalize...

Warner