Date:      Tue, 3 Sep 1996 14:21:37 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        julian@whistle.com (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org, rkw@dataplex.net
Subject:   Re: -current in production.. (was food for thought)

> I thought I 'd give a little report here..
>
> I sup the CVS tree at 2AM each day.
> I rebuild a system a couple of times a week.
> when it seems stable, I take a Snapshot of the sources, and the rest
> of the company moves onto that snapshot..
> It's very rare that I have to abandon a snapshot because it doesn't
> build. I've really very happy with teh current scheme.. I think it's
> just expectations..

This is perfectly reasonable.

The only problem is, people do not want to duplicate the stabilization
work that you are already doing, they want it applied before the code
goes into the downloadable tree.

Alternately, they want a seperate downloadable tree (an unreasonable
soloution, and the one everyone seems to be -- incorrectly -- focussing
on, instead of backing up one level).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---