Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 01:26:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jamil J. Weatherbee" <jamil@counterintelligence.ml.org>
To:        Meir Dukhan <mdukhan@bis.co.il>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wd0: interrupt timeout:

Are you running two hard drives in a master/slave configuration on a
single controller --- if you are I think I had similiar problems you don't
want more than one hard drive on each controller, I have two IDEs one on
the primary as master with a cdrom as slave and one on the secondary set
to cable select. These are both western digital 2.1 gigs if i put both say
on the primary controller, one as master one as slave -- the second
effectively doesn't  work, returning lots of messages like yours under
heavy usage, my theory is that somehow the ide controller cannot handle
two fast eides chugging out data and misses interrupts somehow, when they
start making ide hard drives that use atapi protocol then i'll be happy.