Date:      Thu, 9 Aug 2001 18:24:20 -0700
From:      Tabor Kelly <pdxmax@dsl-only.net>
To:        Keith Spencer <bsd2000au@yahoo.com.au>
Cc:        fbsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: buildkernel fails! EEK

You need to pick one CPU type. In the beginning of the GENERIC file
there is:

cpu             I386_CPU
cpu             I486_CPU
cpu             I586_CPU
cpu             I686_CPU

You need to comment out all but one. I suggest you read:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig-config.html

-Tabor

On Thursday, August 09, 2001, 6:19:32 PM, Keith wrote:

Hi all,
I am compiling into my kernel (or trying)
options IPFIREWALL etc etc.
but on build it reports...
*initialization*:1:warning: '__i386--" redefined
*initialization*:1:warning: this is the location of
the previous definition

Whoa! Whats that mean? The only other thing from a cp
of GENERIC I did was remove a few comment lines at the
very start of the file.
Anyone know what to do
regards Keith