Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2000 23:39:12 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   programmer's editor choice

Not to start a war or anything, but i'm trying to decide on a fast
powerful editor.  I've been using joe, and i just started learning vi,
and i like it so far.  But there are new editors and new versions of
vi that seem to have a lot to offer.  I've narrowed it down to vi, an
enhanced version of vi (vile or vim?) uemacs, or joe.  ANy
thoughts?  I'd like to be able to cut and paste within the editor and
between xterms.  I really like the efficiency of vi so far, but i have
a long ways to go before i am proficient.

"I've done questionable things, also extraordinary things....
Revel in your time!"