Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:18:38 -0800
From:      Thomas Repantis <"trep.againstspammers."@cs.ucr.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.2 install cd hangs on boot

--nmemrqcdn5VTmUEE

Hi,=20

make sure you are booting without any pccards inserted. =20
You might also find this useful: =20
http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~trep/tsrT40freebsd.html
along with other webpages devoted to FreeBSD on T40. =20
Generally a nice combination!

Cheers,=20
Thomas

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 06:07:32PM +0100, Pierre Brjesson wrote:
>=20
> when i try to boot the freebsd install cd on my laptop (Ibm thinkpad
> t40) it hangs after:
>=20
> cbb1: <TI1520 PCI-CardBus Bridge> mem 0x51000000-0x51000fff irq 11 at
> device 0.1 on pci2
> cardbus1: <CardBus bus> on cbb1
> pccard1: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb1
> cbb1: [MPSAFE]
>=20
> anyone that have experienced this or might know of a solution ?
> I tried booting without acpi but that didnt help ;(
> from the info i found at google etc it seems that freebsd is known to
> have problems with certain laptop models... but i havent found any
> solutions though ;(
>=20
> // pierre

--=20
"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem,=20
see a fine picture, and -if possible- speak a few reasonable words."  =20
		-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

--nmemrqcdn5VTmUEE

--nmemrqcdn5VTmUEE--