Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 2000 15:47:00 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Thomas Widlundh <tw@ettnet.se>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: pine

Thomas Widlundh said on Jul  7, 2000 at 12:09:01:
> Hi all,
> Yesterday I installed Pine 5.05 on fBSD 3.1 from the ports (pkg) on the CD.

Eh?  The current version is 4.2x, I think.  You mean 4.05?

> I have already xfmail installed which does work all perfectly.
> Some configging (SMTP) and I managed to send a mail. But I'm not receiving any mails.
> The account is a POP3. I don't see any configging for POP.

Pine doesn't do POP.  You need a separate POP program which will
deliver mail into your local mailbox.  I haven't used POP so I can't
offer any strong recommendations, but fetchmail is supposed to be
reliable and flexible (and also handles imap).

> And Pine claims to use us-ascii. Is there a way to change to sv_SE.8859-1? I did change that in "character-
> set", but no luck.

I think it depends on the characterset of your console or X terminal.

Rahul.