Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 1996 14:55:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        robsch@robkaos.ruhr.de (Robert Schien)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, gibbs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: turning on/off DAT compression

> Has anyone a script or short program to turn on/off the compression
> mode of a DAT drive? It seems that the 'mt' command doesn't support
> such a command yet.

If this is done via a mode select then see ``man scsi'', look at
/usr/share/misc/scsi_modes, and get a SCSI command manual for your
drive.

I have the stuff to turn parity on and off on the Archive/Python DAT
drives, and can easily add any other model selects for this device.

(Justin, did you ever test my parity scsi mode select???)