Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:04:14 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        Ying-Chieh Liao <ijliao@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/net/centericq [...]

On (2002/10/18 03:17), Ying-Chieh Liao wrote:

>   Modified files:
>     net/centericq        Makefile distinfo
>     net/centericq/files  patch-src:Makefile.in
>   Log:
>   upgrade to 4.8.6

I think the upgrade is broken on -CURRENT:

[...]
checking for initscr in -lncurses... no
checking for initscr in -lcurses... no
configure: error: The ncurses terminal library is required in order to
build the program
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
 Please report the problem to ijliao@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach
 the "/usr/ports/net/centericq/work/centericq-4.8.6/config.log" including
 the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good
 idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system
 (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).

The config.log shows a link failure, but from libsigc, not libncurses:

configure:2186: checking for initscr in -lncurses
configure:2205: cc -o conftest -O \
    -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib conftest.c
    -lncurses -liconv -pthread -L/usr/local/lib -lsigc
/usr/local/lib/libsigc.so: undefined reference to
    `vtable for __cxxabiv1::__si_class_type_info'
/usr/local/lib/libsigc.so: undefined reference to
    `operator delete(void*)'
/usr/local/lib/libsigc.so: undefined reference to
    `__gxx_personality_v0'
/usr/local/lib/libsigc.so: undefined reference to
    `__cxa_pure_virtual'
/usr/local/lib/libsigc.so: undefined reference to
    `vtable for __cxxabiv1::__class_type_info'
/usr/local/lib/libsigc.so: undefined reference to
    `vtable for __cxxabiv1::__vmi_class_type_info'
/usr/local/lib/libsigc.so: undefined reference to
    `operator new(unsigned)'

A rebuild and install of devel/libtool and devel/libsigc++ doesn't help.

Can this be confirmed, or is my -CURRENT just way out of date (Sept 12)?

Ciao,
Sheldon.