Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:24:19 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@info.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>, Peter.Blok@inter.NL.net, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netgraph ng_bridge and ipfilter

Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> > Netgraph should be completely orthogonal to the firewall stuff,
> > i.e., they don't interact at all.
>
> in this case, this person seemed to _need_ the interaction in
> order to have a bridging firewall

that would be a brouter and not a bridge..Filering on IP at link layer..
yuck.

It's really a crime against humanity but then that's never stopped
such things before.. I have been considering what it would take to add
the ability to insert an arbitrary filter module into a bridge..
not much. But anyone who wants to do that really should be taken out and shot
I think.

>         cheers
>         luigi

      __--_|\  Julian Elischer