Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:28:19 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Shemesh Eli <Eli.Shemesh@comverse.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Support of Wireless TCP (WTCP)

Shemesh Eli <Eli.Shemesh@comverse.com> wrote:
> We are planning to change our operating system to Linux. Currently we have
> TCP stack with WTCP. We would like to change to Suse or Redhat Linux. I read
> somewhere that Free BSD compatible to Suse Linux. The questions are:
> 	1.	Do you support WTCP?

WTCP?  Are you talking about this research project:
http://timely.crhc.uiuc.edu/Projects/wtcp/wtcp.html
Are you planning to to Wireless network research?  WTCP is an experimental
protocol.  IETF does not even seem to support it as a future protocol at
this point, although RFC-2757 does seem to recommend that _some_ of its
techniques be added to the TCP protocol.

> 	2.	In case that the answer is yes. Which types (Suse,
> Redhat...) of Linux do you compatible?

You might want to contact the various universities that are researching this
new and (mostly) undocumented protocol.

> 	3.	In case that the answer is no. Do plan to implement the WTCP
> and when?

It doesn't look like anyone is going to implement WTCP, as it seems like
the research done with it has served its purposes, and the successful
parts of WTCP will be (or already have been) integrated into TCP.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies