Date:      Sun, 07 Dec 1997 22:58:14 -0800
From:      Bob Robinson <brobins1@uniserve.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        brobins1@uniserve.com
Subject:   PPP/FreeBSD cannot find my modem

Hello FreeBSD

Question for you. I have installed FreeBSD on my PC (IBM Aptiva C9X),
iand in Userconfig I included the device "sio at 0x3f8 IRQ 4" in the
communications section. And this is how my modem is set up on the
Win95 side of things. When BSD boots, I get the message "sio0 not
found at 0x3f8". Furhtermore, when I invoke PPP, and say "show modem",
I get the message "probe failed" for my modem.

Is there something I am missing here, when installing or in PPP?
(are the two related?)

Thanks
Bob Robinson - brobins1@uniserve.com