Date:      Fri, 26 May 2000 20:38:32 -0600
From:      Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
To:        Steve McCarron <smccarro@pop500.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD File Systems

On Fri, 26 May 2000 22:30:46 -0400  Steve McCarron wrote:
 +------------------
 | Can anyone give me very brief answers to the following two (2) questions:
 |
 |      (1) Can FreeBSD be installed using all FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, and Linux
 | Ext2 file systems?
 +------------------

FreeBSD uses it's own UFS file system which has some advantages and
disadvantags w.r.t. the file systems you mention.  It can mount and access
file systems with all the other formats you describe but it would be best
if it were installed on it's own UFS partition.

 |       (2) Is FreeBSD more like Unix or Linux?

FreeBSD and Linux are to Unix as potato chips and pork rinds are
to snack foods. :-)

chris

--
    Chris Fedde