Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 23:19:43 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Christian Carstensen <cc@devcon.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        mns@metathink.com
Subject:   updating packages automatically, etc.pp.

so far, so good,

first of all, thanks for giving me this much input on my idea.
i've had a look at the pkg_version tool, which, with Nik Clayton's patch,
does more or less what i've been thinking of, when i decided to post the
initial message to this list.
as Mark Shepard discussed in detail, there are a lot of useful features,
pkg_version is still lacking. (mark, special thanks to you for taking down
these useful notes!)
i'm interested in implementing at least some of this functionality using
perl, if enough of you regard this as a useful tool for system admin.
otherwise, i'll put it on the stack of things to do, when nothing else has
to done ;)
how do you think about it?

--
 christian