Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 2003 15:14:25 +1000
From:      "Jennifer" <jennifer@tevn.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   USB STORAGE MOUNT

Dear FreeBSD people

I bought a key chain memory storage USB disk, 64Mb, recently
I can use it on any windows system, but I want to try to mount it from =
Freebsd 4.3.
I read some documents from websites, that say you can  use command as =
follows to mount this kind of device:

# makdir /mnt/usb
# mount -t msdos /dev/ad0s1 /mnt/usb

but I can not mount it using those commands, and I get the following =
error message:
device not configured.=20

 So I just leave the memory device in the usb port on the machine, and =
reboot the machine, then mount the device using the command:
# mount -t msdos /dev/ad0s1 /mnt/usb

This time I got some other errors, someting like kernal panic, etc.=20

I checked my running kernel, and found all the services, which are =
needed to enable usb devices are open already.=20
Can you kindly give me some adive on that?=20
Thank you very much
Jennifer