Date:      Sun, 21 Feb 1999 19:05:48 -0500
From:      Rob <drifter@stratos.net>
To:        jdunn@aquezada.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, kost@kst.krasnet.ru
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 1520

On Sat, Feb 20, 1999 at 05:20:49PM -0500, Julian C. Dunn wrote:
> >        I have SCSI controller Adaptec 1520 with chip AIC-6360 and FreeBSD
> >2.2.6 working with it now. In release notes for FreeBSD 3.1 this controller
> >not specified as supported device.
> >        Can 3.1 working with Adaptec 1520 or not?
>
> No, it doesn't work with 3.x. I already had this experience. Someone is working
> on the AIC6360 code but there is no completion date set, or rather, nobody
> seems to know if it will be completed at all. Maybe some persuasion from all of
> us folks stuck with 6360 cards would help? :)
>
> - Julian

     The last I heard, the guy who is responsible (Brian Beatty)
had some moving problems that tied him up for a couple of months, then after
completing the move some of his computer equipment got damaged.
     I head about this is the mailing archives, but I'm not sure when or if
it will be started, but I think he said that someone who was interested in
picking up the project could contact him. (I don't remember his email
address either)

	-Rob