Date:      Thu, 4 Feb 1999 09:35:47 -0500
From:      ira miller <iramiller@pbsltd.com>
To:        "'freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   un-tarring a file?

Hello,
	Sorry to bother everyone again, but I have followed the instructions
in the man pages and can't get this to work.  I downloaded netscape
navigator standalone, the file name is:

navigator-v408-export.x86-unknown-freebsd.tar

It was also with a .gz, but I was able to unzip that with the gunzip
utility, following the instructions.  Now I have the tar file, and I've been
trying the following:

Eco1#	tar -x navigator-v408-export.x86-unknown-freebsd.tar

It responds with :

Tar:  can't open /dev/rst0 : Device not configured.

Can anyone help?  I finally got my freebsd box on the network, I can ftp and
telnet and ping, but I'd like to actually load a program or two on the
machine also.  :-)

Thanks,

Ira Miller