Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 1999 19:43:07 +0100
From:      Markus Kurek <kurek@unidui.uni-duisburg.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   isdn server

Hello,

This is perhaps offtopic...

I have an old 386 running NetBSD-current and i4b 00.71. I want
this box to  act as a RAS-Server for a class B-Network.
It is mandatory that the dialin clients get IP-numbers of
this network. This is where  my problem start.
All the clients can see is the isdn-server.
All other hosts are not "visible".

I have set up a test with 3 machines, one acting as the client,
one is the isdn-server and the 3rd is the host on the same network
with the server.

the test network  is 192.168.1.0/24

the client should get the 192.168.1.10 netmask 0xffffffff
the server has 192.168.1.2 and the 3rd machine has the
192.168.1.1

If the client get an ip from another network (e.g 192.168.2.10)
than the client can see the 3rd machine. Of course a route had
to be set on the 3rd machine.

Where is here the magic ? :)

I think I have to deal with routed to announce the new hosts on
the network, but so far all tries were not successfull. :(

NT-Ras-server "makes" it somehow.

Any clues ?

Thanks
 Markus Kurek