Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:55:15 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   config line commented out in pccard.conf

Hi folks,

The pccard.conf entry for the 3Com 3CXEM556 modem+NIC in RELENG_4 looks
like this:

# 3Com Megahertz 3CCFEM556BI, 3CXEM556 and model B
# as ethernet
card "3Com" "/Megahertz 3C(CF|X)EM556/"
        config  default "ep" ? 0x1
#       config  auto "sio" ?
        insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device start
        remove  /etc/pccard_ether $device stop

Does that commented out line for sio mean that this card won't work as a
modem?

I've downgraded to RELENG_4 so that I can get a PCMCIA modem working,
but I wanna make sure I buy something that works (especially since I'm
buying two and they're not cheap).

Ciao,
Sheldon.